rsync through multiple ssh hops with password authentication prompt

Manuel López-Ibáñez manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Wed Oct 19 21:22:40 GMT 2005

Matt,

Thanks very much. However, for several reasons, I cannot apply that
"trick" in my case. Apart from those reasons, there is no X server on
middle or target at all. Moreover, which password-prompting program
should I use? middle is an OpenBSD machine. And what should I put in
$DISPLAY?

Finally, I am not sure if your first paragraph means that this is
impossible and it won't be implemented in rsync.

Thanks anyway for your comments,

	Manuel.