Update: Re: Help with synchronizing two directories on remoteservers

Paul Slootman paul at debian.org
Fri Oct 14 13:59:31 GMT 2005

On Fri 14 Oct 2005, symbulos - ethical services (external mailing lists) wrote:

> Here are answers to all you questions, I hope.
>
> The platforms are:
>
> 1)administration desktop (pc here)
> Mandriva LE2005
>
> 2)servera
> Debian 3.0
>
> 3)serverb
> Fedora Core 3
>
> ssh from servera to serverb (in a remote ssh shell from "pc
> here") is working

In your first message, you wrote:

: rsync -avz username at serverb:directory/     ./
:
: This is the error we get
:
: ssh: connect to host 80.81.131.173 port 22: Connection refused

The command line indicates that you are connecting via ssh from servera
to serverb, and you get a "connection refused", while you now say that
works?

> ssh from serverb to severa (in a remote ssh shell from "pc
> here") is not working with the error
> (ssh: connect to host serverb port 22: Connection refused).
>
> The problem is we need to move files from serverb to server
> a.

That doesn't matter, you can do "ssh serverX:path path" on one server,
or "ssh path serverY:path" on the other server, and get the same
"direction".

Paul Slootman