GUI for rsync?

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Nov 29 17:25:30 GMT 2005

Hello Harish,

On 28 Nov 2005 12:29:11 +0530 Harish <harish.naik at sanovi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to rsync. Here are my some doubts. I am using Red Hat Linux 8.
>
> 1. Is their any GUI for rsync?
>    If there is a GUI for rsync please let me know.
>
> 2. While copying file does rsync locks that file?
>
> 3. Is it possible to copy open file with rsync?
>    If yes, how how it does that?
> [ I have a script to run rsync periodically, which copy a big file.
> If I am using that file (reading or writing when its time to copy) .
> will rsync copy that file?]

What do you expect exactly from a GUI for rsync? Running on what systems and
for what purposes?

As a pet project that I never made public, I've done a Qt3 frontend to *some*
features of rsync, it is designed according to my needs and doesn't allow
setting all rsync options from the GUI. It runs on GNU/Linux and
Windows+cygwin (if you have a Qt3 license, since I did not port it yet to
Qt4), and mostly provides a graphical way to use --include and --exclude,
allows testing before performing backup, log and settings save, etc.

Regards,

--
wwp