Running 'rsync' as root misses files

Alexander R. Loker arloker at pbs.org
Fri Nov 11 16:42:27 GMT 2005

Wayne,

   Hello, I saw a post of yours out on samba.org and was wondering if
you might be able to shed a little light on a problem I'm having with
rsync. My rsync source files are all off of nfs mounts and the
destination directories are all nfs mounts. The owner and groups all end
up as nobody/nobody on the destination, despite being all sorts of
owners and groups on the source. Have you seen this, or are you aware of
any issues with nfs and rsync?

Thanks a lot; I'm sure you're very busy, so if you do get a chance to
answer this email, I appreciate it.

Alex

Here was your post:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2005-September/013566.html

Alex Loker

Senior UNIX Administrator, Enterprise Platforms

Public Broadcasting Service

1310 Braddock Place,

Alexandria, VA 22314

Office: 703-739-5080

Cell:   703-856-3514

arloker at pbs.org

Big Big Friends are coming your way for Big Big Friend Day on PBS KIDS!
On November 25th, join pals from CLIFFORD and DRAGON TALES
For fun, surprises, and a peek at some brand new friends!
pbskids.org

This email may contain material that is confidential or proprietary to PBS and is intended solely for use by the intended recipient.  Any review, reliance or distribution of such material by others, or forwarding of such material without express permission, is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and destroy all copies.