Dynamically determined include/exclude list.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Nov 10 21:15:40 GMT 2005

[quoted lines by Wayne Davison on 2005/11/10 at 12:09 -0800]

>In the CVS version of rsync, you could specify a "pre-xfer exec" command
>that could run anything you like (such as find).

Does this then write the output of, say, find to a file which is picked up
later (during the transfer) by something like "include from"?

>However, the only way
>that could affect what gets included/excluded in the already-started
>transfer would be for you to use per-directory filter files.  For
>example, if you have this filter rule in your config file:

What I'm looking for is the ability to only transfer files which meet a certain
set of criteria, e.g. only files which are owned by a certain user.