File transfer from/to mapped drive with cygwin rsync

sanalkumar.siva at wipro.com sanalkumar.siva at wipro.com
Wed Nov 9 15:41:52 GMT 2005

Hello all,

    When we tried the rsync of files from a network mapped drive
(Windows) to Linux host, we are getting the following error.

    rsync -av <User Name>@<Rsync Server IP>::<Mapped Network Module
Name>  <Destination>

    where <Mapped Network Module Name> is the rsync module name defined
in rsyncd.conf file for mapped drive.

  Error :-

    @ERROR: chdir failed
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far)
[receiver]
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
/home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.3/io.c(359)

All the suggestions on how to do rsync on mapped drive will be very
helpful,

Thanks in advance,
sanal

Confidentiality Notice