request: add TCP buffer options to rsync CLI?

Shachar Shemesh rsync at shemesh.biz
Tue Nov 8 08:36:02 GMT 2005

Wayne Davison wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 09:55:06PM -0600, Lawrence D. Dunn wrote:
>

>>is it likely, or routine, or will-take-some-time, (or all-of-the-above),
>>for that patch to be vetted and integrated into mainline rsync released
>>code?
>>

>I'm currently leaning towards including this in the next rsync release
>unless someone can come up with a reason why it would be a bad idea.
>
>..wayne..

I think it's a good idea, so long as a remote user cannot dictate the
options to a running pserver. For all other invocation moethods, an
admin had better use something along the lines of
http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/jk_lsh.8.html to restrict what should
and should not be possible to run on the remote machine.

Also, when I have the time (i.e. - not soon :-( ), I will try to write a
"hardening rsync" howto, if you'll publish it.

          Shachar