request: add TCP buffer options to rsync CLI?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Sun Nov 6 20:37:24 GMT 2005

Can someone tell me if such options would help the likes of ourselves
with more "old fashion" linkspeeds?

We have 1-4Mbps VPN-over-Internet links (between continents - i.e. high
latency), and routinely find rsync only capable of 300Kbps - and rsync
is the best performer we can find. If we "parallelize" several rsync
jobs (i.e. start a bunch at the same time), we can certainly chew up to
80% of the max bandwidth - so the raw throughput potential is there.

Would such options help single rsync jobs? Actually, are there good
default options in general that we could use that might help in our high
speed, high latency environment?

Thanks!

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417