RSYNC doesn't like Unicode?

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Wed May 25 09:55:55 GMT 2005

> I am wondering how does RYSNC users in Taiwan or China get the RSYNC
> program running since most of them
> are using Chinese Version of Windows.  If none of them is using RSYNC,
> then what is their alternative solutions to
> backup their PC data in terms of using Open Source Software

Maybe they've already fixed this bug in Rsync?

Unicode isn't the reserve of the Chinese language. So I'm more concerned that no one else in the *Western* world hasn't came across this bug!

I mean it doesn't appear to work with European accent characters does it?

Could there be hundreds of Rsync servers silently skipping those odd dozen or so files with the occasional foreign letter in them? ;-)

Or maybe Rsync isn't used as much as we believe?

--
Stuart Halliday
ECS Technology ltd