Close list to outsider's posts?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun May 22 21:33:56 GMT 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 09:09:14AM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Can we make the mailing list reject emails from non-subscribers?

We can, but I'm currently hesitent to do so.  The list has some very
nice anti-spam measures in place that are dumping the majority of the
spam before it can go out to the list.  Unfortunately, the recent
increase in infected-system spam caused a bit more to slip through than
normal.  It looks like that has cleared up, though, so hopefully things
are back to normal.