easiest way to do incrimentals?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed May 18 23:40:41 GMT 2005

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 04:57:27PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> What I've been wondering is whether --fuzzy will also work with
> --link-dest, i.e. hard-link to files whose names are slightly
> different but are the same for other purposes

Fuzzy doesn't really do much with --link-dest at the moment.  It can
cause an alternate basis file to be found to help improve the transfer,
but it only looks in the destination directory (which should be empty
when using --link-dest in its normal form), and it doesn't cause any
differently named files to be linked together.