files with same name in different case...

Clay Goss ClayGoss at gosscomputerprojects.net
Sun May 15 12:32:23 GMT 2005

I have been using rsync to maintain an off-site backup of two systems to a
remote Windoze box.  All went well for months, but lately the scripts have
been hanging.  Adding some v's to the command line, I got down to the
problem.  I have files with the same name, date and time, different sizes
and contents and one has all lower case letters and the other some upper
case letters.

Being as I am transferring into an NTFS based system; it thinks the two
files are the same file.  Rsync stopped at the first file, but may be trying
to create the second in another thread.

Clay Goss
Goss Computer Projects