Rsync copying to many files on Tiger

Alexander Lamb Alexander.J.Lamb at sim.hcuge.ch
Tue May 10 12:52:11 GMT 2005

Hello,

Since Tiger, we do not need to get RsyncX since the version shipped
handles resource forks with the -E option.
However, I get some strange results.
Indeed, when I sync two directories (on the same machine for a
start), if the files synched are regular Unix files (without
resources) for example an XCode Java project with lots of Java files,
everything works fine. Between two syncs, only the modified files get
transfered. If I execute the command after 5 minutes, nothing being
changed, as expected, nothing is transfered.

But, the exact same test on a directory with .graffle, .pdf, .doc,
files creates some problems. Files are initially transfered ok. On a
second run 5 minutes later, some files get copied again but I see no
logic associated with that (I didn't modify any file).

I am simply using:

rsync -EaH --progress /dirA/ /dirB

Any idea what is going on?

--