Apple patched rsync
dick at tienhuis.nl
Sun May 8 13:03:11 GMT 2005
It seems that the rsync binary that ships with Apple's new OSX 10.4 has
some custom patch applied that enables it to use extended attributes.
According to the man page the "--extended-attributes" or "-E" option is
All Linux binaries I have come across do not support this option, so that
rsyncing from OSX to Linux fails.
I was wondering whether it would be possible to patch rsync to support
this on Linux (I already found out that this is dependent on the
underlying filesystem, which is XFS in my case).
* *** Dick Visser TIENHUIS Networking
** * * Marco Polostraat 234-3 P: +31206843731
* * *** 1056 DP Amsterdam F: +31208641420
* * * * The Netherlands M: +31622698108
* ** * IP-phone (SIP)/email: dick at tienhuis.nl
* * * PGP-key: http://www.tienhuis.nl/gpg.txt
* * * Webcam: http://www.tienhuis.nl/cam2.asx
More information about the rsync