Skipping unreadable files

Dave Saunders dave at dsstao.com
Mon Mar 28 21:07:04 GMT 2005

That brings up an interesting question..  So far, all of the WAN rsync's I
do use an SSH tunnel, and not the rsync daemon on the server end.  However,
while doing an rsync, I notice the "rsync --server" process running on the
source box.  Will the below flag "ignore nonreadable = true" in
/etc/rsyncd.conf still work?

I use this syntax on the receiving/initiating end:

rsync -avzpogDt --force -e "ssh -i /root/.ssh/example_key "
somehost:/backup/public /backup/somehost

Dave