Patch: Offline transfer mode

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Mar 24 01:41:40 GMT 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 03:16:17PM -0800, Steve Traugott wrote:
> And then writefd() would need to be toggled from there to write to the
> correct fd...

On the receiving side, everything that is read from the sender is
already sent to the batch file, so I think the only thing necessary is
to have the code call discard_receive_data() instead of writing out the
data to a temp file.

> Yep, this would all be much simpler if I just went ahead and
> refactored writefd().

I'm thinking that's not necessary.  It should be enough to have the
sender just write the index/update data directly to the batch fd without
needing to change the routines in io.c (except to have a way to get the
value of the batch fd).

(I'll comment on some of the other parts of your email later.)