mkstemp fails but data still transferred

Steve Harris sharris at myra.com
Wed Mar 23 17:52:34 GMT 2005

I see and it makes sense to optimise the file transfer process, but in
carrying on with a transfer when the temporary file cannot be created can
(in our case) result in quite a large amount of data being transferred
over the network (we have more than a few files in the 6-8GB range) which
is not optimal.

As a work around we are probably going to change the way our scripts work that
wrap around rsync.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers - Steve