Premature optimization in f_name_cmp()?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Mar 14 22:42:32 GMT 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Wayne Davison wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 10:15:18PM +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > But there seems to be something wrong with the --fuzzy option
>
> Yes -- it's a bug in the change I just checked into generator.c to deal
> with the dirname-pointers change.  I've just checked in a fix (and also
> a test case for the --fuzzy option into the test suite so that I'll
> catch such a bug sooner).

Great, thanks a lot once again. I'll check with the tomorrow's nightly
build an report back if I find something unusual.

I'm checking if rsync with the --fuzzy patch would be a solution together
with rsyncable RPM packages to reduce total bandwidth for people
mirroring/updating Fedora. There has been a lot of fuss to have patch RPMs
introduced, but the gain does not compare with the overall complexity imo.

And the --fuzzy patch could be an adequate solution to this, if I
understand the concept.

BTW it might be useful to have the CVS manual page also included with the
online documentation so people can check out new options before they
decide to try a development release. (I noticed the current one offered is
a bit dated already).

Kind regards!