Premature optimization in f_name_cmp()?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Mar 14 03:38:01 GMT 2005

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 10:40:00AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Is there a way to make this only look at the 'right' part of sorted-
> flist, given it's sorted, and is this really needed at all?

Yeah, that code is really pretty silly.  I neglected to test my
assumption about how often it would get triggered, and it is actually
getting run much more often than expected.  I'm just removing that bit
of code for the next release (and tweaking some code in generator for
the --fuzzy option handling so that it doesn't depend on the dirnames
having identical string pointers).

Thanks for the detective work!