Rsync to upload certain files and ignore others

Kevin Smith JediKnight2 at ec.rr.com
Fri Mar 11 13:40:02 GMT 2005

It does have sub-directories...but I have tried a variation of things...this
is on a WinBlows Machine...so I have a batch file with this:

set PATH=c:/BackupFiles;%PATH%
set CYGWIN=binmode tty
set TERM=ansi
set USERNAME=testuser
set HOME=c:/BackupFiles/home/testuser
set RSYNC_RSH=ssh.exe
rsync -rav -e ssh \BackupFiles\Backup\%count%\ testuser at xx.xx.xxx.xx:

I have used the line
--include="BackupFiles\Backup\%count%\
--include="BackupFiles\Backup\%count%\*.gpg
--exclude="*"

I have also tried to use a --include-from txt file with the above and
--include='*/' added before the exclude...still doesn't work..I am sure my
syntax is WRONG somewhere, but I spent all night trying all sorts of
variations with no luck...