feature request

Frederik Eaton frederik at a5.repetae.net
Sat Mar 5 21:25:26 GMT 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 12:46:57PM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 12:33:27AM -0800, Frederik Eaton wrote:
> > what would be nicer is an option to turn off the special
> > interepretation of terminal slashes in source paths.
>
> That would be easy enough to do in a shell function that you could use
> to wrap up your rsync invocations.  It would scan the args and discard
> any trailing slashes it finds and then invoke rsync.

Well, I'm not the only one who makes the mistake, and I think that an
option controlling this behavior would be useful for others, but I
guess there's something to be said for keeping the number of options
to a minimum.

In which case, do you have boilerplate shell code which parses rsync
command lines (or is there such code included in the distribution for
easy update in case the argument syntax changes)? It seems non-trivial
to me.

Thanks,

Frederik

--