rsync .gz files?

Francois Collard Francois.Collard at reuters.com
Thu Jun 30 14:21:08 GMT 2005

Hello all.

I would more suspect the gzip behaviour that changes the file
permissioning during compression.... And can also let both files:
 xxx AND xxx.gz after an error... I have found such  unexpected files on
nfs systems.

By the way I am interested in a method where  I could avoid to
 send .gz files if the uncompressed version exists on remote
In other term a way to use rsync to compare compressed and not
compressed files.
Is there a way to tell rsync to use an external comparison program ?
As there is a --size-only option, there is no --date-only option...

Thanks and regards
Francois

Message: 8