Rsync question

Judith Flo jflo at lsi.upc.edu
Thu Jun 30 09:27:26 GMT 2005

Hi,
I was just thinking about the possibility of a flag that
provide rsync with a method that doesn't require a
source dir in the line command.
I mean, a method where the user just has to write a
file which contents all directorys that wants to rsync
(directorys without the same root), something like:

#cat files2rsync

/home/user/a
/usr/local/
/a_directory/a_file

rsync -a --files-from=/home/user/files2rsync /backup_dir

I know i can do something like
rsync -a --files-from=/home/user/files2rsync / /backup_dir

and modify the content of files2rsync, but i think it will be
a good simplification and quite more "natural" to use..
anyway.. was just thinking loud
Thanks!

Judith
pd: again excuse my english..