Symlinks

apache7 at gmx.net apache7 at gmx.net
Wed Jun 29 06:53:00 GMT 2005

Hello everybody,

I am using rsync to make an identical mirror of an existing server. It's
been working fine since some time now.
Now, I've just added a firewire disk to both servers and created a symlink
to the mounted disk within the source and destination trees:

Server P (source, rsync is running as a daemon on this server):
    /Images
       |___Project1
       |___Project2
       |___fwdisk (this is a symlink pointing to /fwdisk, created using
ln -s /fwdisk /Images/fwdisk)

Server H (destination):
    /Images
       |___Project1
       |___Project2
       |___fwdisk (symlink pointing to /fwdisk)

Only the Images module is exported on the source server. I don't want to
export the fwdisk directory.
I want all files in /Images/fwdisk (which is actually /fwdisk) to be copied
from Server P to Server H (to the corresponding directory, i.e, to /fwdisk
via the symlink /Images/fwdisk on Server H).

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.