logging

sc0ri0n sc0ri0n at comcast.net
Wed Jun 22 01:30:23 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 22:29 -0700, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 11:55:29PM -0400, sc0ri0n wrote:
> > I do not see a parameter to specify a log file.  Why would that be?
>
> That all depends on what you're expecting.  See the rsyncd.conf manpage
> for how to make the daemon log to a file.  No other log-file output is
> directly supported (e.g. for a remote-shell transfer), but you can use
> the --log-format option and redirect (or tee) the output to a file.
>
> ..wayne..

Wayne,

Thanks for reply. I simply would like to have a list of transferred
files.  However, from wht I understand, in the way we use rsync, there
is no daemon or any rsync server at targets.

We; however, specify where the rsync executable is:

rsync -va -e rsh --rsync-path=/opt/bin/rsync sourcedir/
user at target:/targetdir/

So, where do I supply the logging parameter?