rsync 2.6.5 segfault using --fuzzy & --link-dest

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Jun 11 16:03:07 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 05:14:57AM -0400, Erik Jan Tromp wrote:
> if I remove every possible option except --fuzzy & --link-dest,
> segfault every time.

I haven't seen that in my testing.  One easy thing to do is to make sure
that core dumping is enabled and look at a backtrace:

ulimit -c unlimited
/path/to/non-stripped/rsync ...
gdb /path/to/non-stripped/rsync /path/to/core
bt

The backtract (bt) command will tell us where the program is crashing,
and should help me to find the bug.  Note that a non-stripped rsync can
be found in the build dir, and that the core file will probably be in
the destination directory of your pull transfer.