trigger for pre and post rsync

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jun 10 19:24:35 GMT 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 03:10:49PM -0300, C. P. wrote:
> I think it may be useful to add an option like lograte's prerotate and
> postrotate, that triggers server side scripts before and after rsync.
> It would help the administrator work.

I don't think I want to complicate rsync with this functionality.  Yes,
it would be convienent for those cases where something like this is
needed, but they are rare enough that I think having the user use some
other means of performing the pre-/post-transfer actions is a better way
to go (for the main distribution, at least -- it wouldn't be hard to
patch in this functionality if you wanted to customize rsync).

Thanks for the email, though!  (And sorry about the slow reply...)