@ERROR: auth failed on module

Thomas Simmons twsnnva at cox.net
Wed Jun 8 00:58:26 GMT 2005

John & Wayne, :)
I'm fairly certain no other rsync processes were running, a reboot was
part of the troubleshooting process, as was a 'killall rsync' or two. I
did try specifying the user (root at serverB::home), and manually gave the
password. I did not have the newline character at the end of the secrets
& password files, but did add them to no avail. Upgrading to 2.6.5 would
be possible, but I worked around the issue by going anonymous. These two
servers are connected via a crossover cable, and rsyncd is only
listening on the ip of that interface, so it's not a security issue. I'd
still like to find out what caused it to seemingly stop working for no
reason, the last successful rsync occured on June 1, and rsync hadn't
been updated since April 15. The only package that was updated on June 1
was freeradius, which I can't see causing this. We did have a UPS
failure, but that was 5 days prior to last successful rsync job, so
doubt that caused it either. I'm stumped.

Thanks for the help guys!
Thomas