Behavior of --checksum, suggestion

Moshe Jacobson moshe at runslinux.net
Tue Jun 7 21:44:25 GMT 2005

Thanks for the prompt reply, Wayne.

I just did a test and found that --partial will prevent rsync from
transferring the entire file again when the mtimes vary but the sizes
are the same.  I suppose this is sufficient, but how does it determine
that the files are the same if it's not doing a checksum or
transferring the entire file?

Moshe

whole file again if the size is the same and the mtime is different

--
Moshe Jacobson -- http://runslinux.net -- AIM: Jehsom
| This message is strictly confidential; it should be shown to nobody |