Hard links revisited

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 14:51:19 GMT 2005

I can't seem to get the hardlinks to work in windows via --link-dest.
It just refuses to find the files in the directory and make a hard
link.  Here's the setup.
-I run 2 rsyncs from batch files called sync.bat and sync2.bat.
-I'm connected to the server via a mapped network drive, we'll call it 'z'.
-I then run the client, on the destination, once to pull the data from
the server and make a base-level mirror in a  directory I call
"source".
-Next, I want to run the backup again and put it in a different
directory called "mirror", but only hardlink the files that already
exist in my base-level mirror.

Every time that I run the first backup to "source", everything works
fine and all of the files are moved to the location desired.  Then
when I run the second backup, which is supposed to hardlink to the
first one if the file already exists, it merely copies all the files
and doesn't make a single hardlink.