(no subject)

Bhadri N Govindarajan bhadri.g at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 04:04:40 GMT 2005

Hello

I am using rsync to sync w machines. I had no problem untill. Now i am
trying the same script  to sync 2 differnt machines.  The code is the
same. I just changed the machine names.  When i execute the script i
get

Variable syntax
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)

I am able to scp or ssh to the from the machines. I have proper keys.

Where does the Variable syntax come from., I have 5 folders in include
file. So this error is repeated 5 times.

I tried
rsync -vv testfile mydestmachine:/export/opt/geneva/temp/testfile

even for this command i get the same error.

How do i overcome this error. I tried everything. Is it something to
do with c-shell. Because my previous scripts where working in ksh. I
really dont understand.

Please help .

Thanks.
--