How to use rsync for Ghost or Acronis type backup

Jack jack at adontendev.net
Sun Jul 31 18:24:36 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

 I'd like to make a full backup up of my server, about as near to a Ghost or
Acronis type of backup as is possible using programs on the server itself.

What type of rysnc script can I use for it?

I know Linux has some pseudo directories and files that are not part of a
backup, will I have to exclude from the backup, or can rsync automatically
handle them?

Does rsync have option files that can contain directories and or file masks to
be excluded from the backup?

Jack