Rsync hangs.

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Jul 26 18:20:25 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 02:23:14PM -0500, Alvin Dobrowski wrote:
> io timeout after 60 seconds -- exiting

This is not a hang, this is an abort due to inactivity.

> I have compiled rsync on a hpux 11.11 server and I am using rsync-2.6.4.
> The remote machine is running rsync as a deamon in inetd.

Is the server also running 2.6.4 or 2.6.5?  If it's running something
older, any pause in the transferred data (such as the generator taking
over 60 seconds to find a changed file or the receiver taking over 60
seconds to receive the checksum data from the generator) will cause the
connection to fail.  If it's running 2.6.4, the latter problem can still
cause a timeout (since keep-alive code was only added for that scenario
in 2.6.5).

So, I'd recommend upgrading both ends of the connection with 2.6.5 and
trying again.