link_stat

ucq at gmx.de ucq at gmx.de
Sat Jul 23 14:40:47 GMT 2005

Thanks for the comment.

I tried user at my.remote.domain already. The situation is same.

> rsync: link_stat "/home/auser/auser at my.remote.domain:/ftproot/friday"
> failed: No such file or directory (2)

Run it from the command prompt no problem but still cron and script
fails.

And when I ran the script/command, I'm always in /home/auser
But the backup directory is nothing to do with /home/auser directory.
It's in /work/data
remote directory is auser at my.remote.domain:/ftproot/xxxxx

I found if I cd / before ran the script, the errors changed to the
current directory.

> rsync: link_stat "/auser at my.remote.domain:/ftproot/friday"
> failed: No such file or directory (2)

A. Uchida

PS
The script is in /home/user/bin. with chmod a+x.

On 23 Jul 2005, at 14:28, Bob Hutchinson wrote:

> On Saturday 23 Jul 2005 13:40, livau at gmx.net wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I set up my company's back up server using rsync.
>> And I've got a strange problem. I searched in the archives of this
>> list, but
>> none of them seems not giving me an idea to solve the problem.
>> If anyone can help, it would be grateful.
>>
>> I'm using cron by a user (non wheel/admin) to rsync everyday during
>> the night.
>> The cron is set in the server to transfer the backing-up directories
>> to a remote server.
>>
>> My shell script is as follows.
>>
>> I make up the proper command by the script. The user is authenticated
>> by RSA non password.
>> The problem is,
>> I can run successfully with the command, which was produced by the
>> script, from the command line.
>> But if I run this script from cron or run this script on command
>> line, link_stat error occurs.
>> The directory /home/auser/ is the current directory when the command
>> is run.
>> How can I get rid of that?
>> I tried "::" instead of single colon.
>> I don't use rsyncd.conf file, because I think it runs as non daemon
>> process.
>>
>> This is a single command for back-up:
>> rsync -auzv -e ssh --delete --exclude=".*" --exclude="~*"
>>       /work/data my.remote.domain:/ftproot/friday >> friday.log
>>

> try user at my.remote.domain
> and cd /home/auser or put the full path in, if it isn't already
>

>> Any comment would be appreciated.
>> A. Uchida
>>
>> Error message:
>>
>>> rsync: link_stat "/home/auser/my.remote.domain:/ftproot/friday"
>>> failed: No such file or directory (2)
>>> rsync: link_stat "/home/auser/>>" failed: No such file or directory
>>> (2)
>>> done
>>> ERROR: destination must be a directory when copying more than 1 file
>>> rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs (code 3) at
>>> main.c(412)
>>> rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes received so far)
>>> [sender]
>>> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c
>>> (434)
>>>

>> my script;