rsync doesn't copy all files

Eduardo Luís eluis at castelhano-ferreira.pt
Fri Jul 22 16:42:15 GMT 2005

Hi,

I live in Portugal.
I have a Windows 2000 server with file sharing activated in my company.
I have a linux box with a 200Gb disk for backups with rsync.
I make an smbmount to /mnt/w2kbox then I use rsync like this:
rsync -ar /mnt/w2kbox /200gb_disk

The problem is that we use accents and cedillas and those files are not
copied to the backup directory.
Rsync says:
file has vanished: "/mnt/w2kbox/Company Folders/Dep.
Administrativo/JOANA/PRE??ARIOS EXPOSI??AO.xls"

Some words with accents are copied but others not.
Where is the problem? With the way I mount the w2k share or with rsync ???

Thanks,