Verbosity of log messages in daemon mode

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 20 00:31:41 GMT 2005

Aha, I think I answered my own question.  Unfortunately, it appears that the
max verbosity setting is a global parameter that can't be in a module area.
That might be something to change in the future, or at least make clear in
the docs.

Also, speaking of messages, when running with -vn I can't seem to figure a
way to suppress the non-file messages.  It always wants to show:

building file list ... done
sent 6999 bytes  received 16 bytes  14030.00 bytes/sec
total size is 423894309  speedup is 60426.84

I just want ONLY the files to be transferred to be given back on stdout, so
I can get a good approximation of the total bytes to be transferred to
display in a higher level UI.

I can include code to try to ignore the additional messages, but that seems
kludgy and will break if the messages ever change.

Evan