Can Rsync do this?

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Thu Jul 14 12:48:07 GMT 2005

I have to use a program on two desktop PCs seperated by several miles at different times of the day.

So I thought that maybe Rsync could help.

The program in question has a settings directory so I thought I could get Rsync to sync this directory between the two machines.

But Rsync seems to always force the files on the Rsync server to go to the slave regardless that the slave has the most upto date file time-wise.

So I guess I need a way for Rsync to compare the two directories and if one file is more recent than the other then force the older file to be overwritten by the most recent regardless of which location it is in.

Can Rsync do this?

If not, can it be made to do this? ;-)

--
Stuart Halliday