rsync error ?

Shitong.Wang at jpmchase.com Shitong.Wang at jpmchase.com
Tue Jul 5 20:33:36 GMT 2005

I'm not sure it is a real error or not,  when I run 'rsync' with no
options on AIX 5.3, it has an error at the bottom of usage message, see
below

# rsync
Use "rsync --daemon --help" to see the daemon-mode command-line options.
Please see the rsync(1) and rsyncd.conf(5) man pages for full
documentation.
See http://rsync.samba.org/ for updates, bug reports, and answers
rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(1097)

I know it is not a correct syntax to run 'rsync' without arguments,
however, the error above give me the impression that this version of rsync
is poor in error handling... I don't see this kind of error in previous
version such as 2.4.5 ( I used this version before).

Is there any way I can get rid of this kind of 'error' message if it is
not a real bug, just some debug information. I have tried to re-compile
rsync source with --enable-debug=no, but it doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciate !

Regards,

Shitong (Steve) Wang