rsync lib

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Tue Jul 5 15:48:49 GMT 2005

Olivier Thauvin wrote:

> Currently there is no rsync library for rsync network function. the librsync
> project provide functions for the file access/md4 part.
>
> That exactly the reason why I just started a rewritten of rsync using a struct
> and to create a real library.
>
> Current works is here:
> http://nanardon.homelinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rsync-ng/?root=Nanar
>
> But this need lot of works...

 From a quick look, this looks like a snap-shot of one of the rsync
releases.

I have an interest in such a project as the normal user interface for
OpenVMS is a bit different than on UNIX.

In order for me to use such a library, all routines must be thread safe,
and allow a single process to do the work.

OpenVMS has two options for using such a library, one is using Posix
Threads, and the other is using a native asynchronous I/O for network
and terminal and disk access.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only