feedback on rsync-HEAD-20050125-1221GMT

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jan 28 18:20:41 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:25:06AM -0500, Alberto Accomazzi wrote:
> I like the idea, I'm just worried about coming up with yet a new syntax
> for these types of operations.  I think we should stick with something
> "standard" or at least close to what people are used to already.  So
> what comes to mind is the syntax used by find(1) for its tests:

Yes, that would be a very workable way to go.  We have plenty of time to
mull this over and decide if that is overkill or not because any such
extended functionality is not going to get into 2.6.4 (which is getting
pretty close to a pre-release).

> Actually I think the reason for this is that I was running on a FC2 box
> an executable built under RH 7.3.

That makes much more sense -- the old libc for RH 7.3 was known to have
problems in this area.