Transforming file names & contents

Shachar Shemesh rsync at shemesh.biz
Sat Jan 22 09:19:05 GMT 2005

jgd42-rsync at yahoo.com wrote:

>--- Wayne Davison wrote:
>

>> Another option would be to use some kind of a compressed filesystem.
>>

>Do you know of one that works on Linux? I searched for this a few months back
>but came up empty.
>
>Thanks,
>Joe

I'm currently working on a tool that would do such a transformation as a
"preprocessing". I.e. - the files are preprocessed, and then the other
directory is rsynced. In my case this is for encrypting (but I compress
as part of the process, using the gzip "rsyncable" option).

If you're interested in this extremely preliminary pre-alpha not tested
still being developed use at your own risk project, check out
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rsyncrypto

          Shachar

P.s.
Currently, it's just the encryption part that I've worked on. The code
in CVS (there is no other code at the moment) does not handle the actual
tree scanning and copying, but it will soon. It goes without saying that
any help would be appreciated.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.