looking for rsyncd introduction

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jan 21 08:57:26 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 08:50:52AM -0800, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Is there a good introductory document for rsync in --daemon mode?
> When folks ask questions like "what is rsyncd" I would like to have
> someplace for them to go and learn.

The only items I know of are the rsyncd.conf manpage and the rsync
tutorial (which briefly mentions setting up a server).  Both are
mentioned on the docs web page:

    http://rsync.samba.org/documentation.html

> Perhaps not - one more writing task for me!

If you'd like to write something else, feel free to either send me a
copy or mention the link of the completed page.