Errors during transfer

d c casteld73 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 12:55:25 GMT 2005

I am using rsync w/ CYGWIN to copy files from an NT
server to a Freebsd 5.3 server running runsy-  latest
2.6.3 BSD patch to latest RELEND_5_3.

I am moving very large 2gb files/.  An older version
exists at the destination so it is only xferring
diffs.

I am using putty with port forwarding to handoff to
rsync as localhost:873.  I can transfer files but
occaissionally two erros occur and I have never
successfully xferred all file in one shot.

1.  Rsync seems to hang.  If I active the winodw it is
running in a and press control-c it reactivates.  This
happens on the client running winodws.

2.  The transfer abruptly stops in the middle and
returns the following error:

"inflate token returned -5"

Any ideas how I can stabilize this process?

TIA