link-dest

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Jan 14 19:26:06 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 12:38:59PM +0100, Lars Heer wrote:
> Problem for me is that if remotefile exists the link-dest gets not
> checked again and I want to be able to pass more than one link-dest
> to rsync.

You should typically copy into an empty directory tree when using
--link-dest to effect maximal linking of existing files.  The CVS
version supports the use of multiple --link-dest options now, so
this feature will be coming out in the next release (whenever that
will be).  You can try it out now by either checking out the CVS
version or snagging the latest "nightly" tar file from the rsync
website.