How to use rsync

gdp at cmcltd.com gdp at cmcltd.com
Thu Jan 6 21:15:13 GMT 2005

Hi,
I am having one machine which i want to configure as a rsync server.
Onthe machine I had kept the following file

/etc/rsyncd.conf

motd file = /etc/rsyncd.motd
log file = /var/log/rsyncd.log
pid file = /var/run/rsyncd.pid
lock file = /var/run/rsync.lock

[rsync-test]
        path = /home/xidcit/test
        comment = XIDC Rsync Server
        uid = nobody
        gid = nobody
        read only = no
        list = yes
        auth users = xidcit,rsync-user
        secrets file = /etc/rsyncd.scrt

I am having another machine.  From the 1st machine i want to copy one file
test1 to the second machine. For this I am running the following command
on second machine.
 rsync -av --rsh="ssh -l xidcit" xidcit at xidc-rsync::rsync-test/test1 test1
Then it is asking for the password
and gives the welcome message ie rsyncd.motd
gives the following message
.
Can anybody advise me  about the mistake i am doing.

Thanks in advance.

durga prasad
xidcit at xidc-rsync's password:******
Welcome to XIDC Rsync Server

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (43 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(165)