New delete option?

Andrew Gideon c172driver99820 at tagonline.com
Sun Feb 20 01:53:35 GMT 2005

Wayne Davison wrote:

> There is a patch in the "patches" dir called delete-sent-files.diff that
> probably does what you want.  It deletes any files that got successfully
> transferred, but does not delete files that were already up-to-date, nor
> does it delete things like directories, symlinks, or devices.

[...]

> What do you think about how the patch
> works?

FWIW: In the manner I can envision using this, it makes more sense to delete
the source as long as the destination file is valid, whether that file
moved during this execution or not.  This provides a "mv" function that's
safe against a failure.  That is, if something breaks between the copy and
delete operations of an execution, the next execution will perform the
delete.

        - Andrew