Rsyncing really large files

Shachar Shemesh rsync at shemesh.biz
Mon Feb 28 18:16:52 GMT 2005

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> No, because the rsync algorithm can detect single byte moves of this
> 700 bytes block.

I will just mention that I opened the ultimate documentation for rsync
(the source), and it says that the default block size is the rounded
square root of the file's size. This means that your 64KB blocks are
considerably smaller than what rsync would use if you didn't force it
(which is about 740KB, much closer to my 1MB suggestion than to your
64KB actual use).

If I were you, I'd try to remove the "--block-size" option, and see what
happens.

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh