Request to include delete-dir-and-suffix patch in rsync-2.6.4

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Feb 25 19:00:05 GMT 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 01:09:36PM -0500, Marc St-Onge wrote:
> The delete-dir and delete-suffix options give the ability to store
> backup of deleted files on the receiver in different directories or
> with different suffix than the backup of files that have been changed
> but that are still on the source drive.

The patches dir has the lastest version of this patch in which the
options have been renamed to not begin with "delete" (since they are not
options that cause something to be deleted).  The options are currently
named this:

    --backup-dir-dels=DIR
    --suffix-dels=SUFFIX

You can see the CVS version of this patch here:

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/unpacked/rsync/patches/backup-dir-dels.diff

I don't personally see the extra utility for this option (since a
deleted file gets a backup), so it is not going to be in 2.6.4 except
in the patches dir.