How to increase the data rate in transferring the files using rsync

sanalkumar.siva at wipro.com sanalkumar.siva at wipro.com
Thu Feb 17 15:36:18 GMT 2005

Hi,

    We have developed a backup software by using rsync which syncs the
data between Windows (mainly Win2k ) machine and Linux machine.

For Windows, we are using CYGWIN rsync software version 2.6.2 and for
Linux, we are using rsync software version 2.6.3.

It takes around one hour for transferring 1 GB of data between the
Windows machine and Linux machine. We could achieve around 30% increase
in data rate when we use compression option (-z).

    What are the options, which we can use for improving the data rate?

rgds
Sanal

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately