rsyncd / firewall

david blunkett dav1dblunk3tt at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:33:56 GMT 2005

>Try running without the compression option (-z) to see if that 'fixes'
>the problem.  Your previous rsync may have used a static compression
>routine, and FC2 uses a dynamic one.  Just a guess...
>
>The first rsync to delete the directory is successful because since it
>does no file transfers, no compression is needed.
>--
>         John Van Essen  Univ of Minn. Alumnus  <vanes002 at umn.edu>

John,

Thanks for the suggestions,

Ok I have tried removing the -z option but this doesn't help the problem
remains.

I have also tried putting the --temp-dir /tmp option earlier and it too
makes no difference.

I don't think my daemon is chrooting but I don't undestand how this is
controlled so I can't be sure,

Thnaks,

SA